Easy Taco Recipe - Cervantes Fiesta Tacos
5.0 stars based on 35 reviews By: Cervantes Salsa Published:
Tacos are one of New Mexico’s favorite dishes to prepare for family and friends. From supremely simple to fiesta wild, tacos are fun to make with the entire family! Spice up your next batch of tacos with this easy-to-make recipe!
Ingredients:1 lb. lean ground turkey or beef12 - 6” corn tortillas (blue corn optional*)1 jar Cervantes Hot Salsa1 lb. grated longhorn colby cheese1 medium tomato1 small head of lettuce6 oz. of Canola Oil
1. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Canola oil. Add ground turkey and brown meat.
2. Mix in 1 cup Cervantes Hot Salsa, set aside.
3. In deep pan on stovetop, heat remaining oil to approximately 425F.
4. Quickly fry each tortilla in oil until pliable. (Use long tongs to handle tortillas and beware of hot oil.) Drain tortillas on paper towel to remove excess oil.
5. Add 2 - 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture on each tortilla.
6. Add grated cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes, and spread the remaining Cervantes Hot Salsa like wildfire! Fold tortilla in half.
7. Serve with Spanish rice and beans for a complete New Mexican meal.